chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

January Academic Goals





HAPPY NEW YEAR! First month of the year and I'm feeling good. I hope you are too!
It's been great to take it easy and have a bit of a break during holiday season, but now it is time to get back into work mode. Today, I bring to you, my academic goals for the month of January. If you are unaware of this "series", it's something that I started in September 2017 (mainly to hold myself to account), where I share my educational goals with you all. Basically things I need to get done or want to get done by the end of each month. Check out the ones I did last year under the Life category and also make sure to follow me here so you don't miss future months.

OK, let me just get on with it!

1) Finish English Coursework

I finished my investigation piece and it was graded (which I was extremely proud of) and I have now written my original writing piece. All I have left to do is my commentary piece and then get everything graded. Unless you do or teach English Language A-level, you're probably not going to know what in the world I am talking about but just know I am almost at the end haha. I am so ready to have my grade and be able to focus on exam content, once I am done.

2) Completely finish EPQ

I actually should have completed all of this during December but due to the weather conditions, we had two snow days and one of them fell the day before my presentation. Due to this, our mentors cancelled all presentations for that day and rearranged them for January. Once I am done with the presentation....NO MORE EPQ! WOOP WOOP. It's not that I hated doing it, it just took so much of my time and I am very pleased to be almost finished with it. I hope it was all worth it and I get a good mark.

3) To finish my first book of the year

I have made it a goal of mine to read more this year. I only managed to read 4 or 5 books in 2017 (I know, really bad), and I want to try and read a book per month this year. It's going to be a task because as an English Student, I already get assigned with things I have to read and research, so finding time to do personal reading is tight, but I want to try. The first book I would like to read hasn't arrived yet, but as soon as it comes, I'm getting straight into it. It sounds amazing and I can see myself finishing it fairly quickly. Fingers crossed.

4) Start to convert some of my notes into neater versions

I have so many notes that it isn't possible to do this for them all but for my notes that I have taken in lessons, which are quite rushed or messy, I want to spend time re-writing them. I learn well when my notes are neatly constructed and concise, so I would like to make sure all my notes look good. I specifically want to do this for history since there are loads of stats and dates, that I want to be clear.

No comments

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)