chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

My Current Makeup Routine (Drugstore Edition)



As most of you all know, I love makeup! I enjoy doing it in the morning or before I go out. I don't wear makeup every single day, however when I do, I like to stick to a very similar look. In my opinion it is very simple and quite fresh faced.

I always do my makeup in the same order every time I do it. I guess I've just got into the habit of it.

The first thing I always ensure to do is moisturise my face. I use the Nivea Daily Essentials Regenerating Night Cream. I don't tend to use too much as it is quite a thick formula. I use it in the morning and at night as it really works well with my skin.

Straight after, I apply primer. The primer I am currently using is the Barry M Flawless Original primer. It smooths out my skin and creates a nice barrier between my skin and the makeup. It is matifying, which I feel helps my makeup to stay on longer, claims to minimise pores. I'm not a huge fan of this primer however I tend to go through primers and then change it up once its empty.

While I let the primer settle into my skin, I fill in my eyebrows with the Collection eyebrow kit. I always use the middle shade as it is perfect for my hair colour and skin tone. I use a sturdy angled brush to shape and fill them in. I use the Freedom brow pomade to outline my brow and sharpen the end if I want a bolder brow. Then I set it with the collection clear mascara. Sometimes I carve them out with the foundation I am using that day.
 
For foundation I am currently using the LA Girl Pro HD foundation. It's a fairly good match for my skin tone and has medium coverage. It adds a really natural glow to my skin without looking oily. It is my favourite foundation from the drugstore. I tend to either go for a sponge over a brush with this foundation as it blends in with my skin rather than sitting on top.

To conceal and highlight I like to mix it up between Maybelline age rewind concealer in nude for a natural look, Collection lasting perfection concealer in the shade 3 or NYX HD in warm beige for a more intense highlighted look. These concealers have great coverage and are super easy to blend, although the NYX concealer definitely feels heavier on the skin.

To set all the liquids I use the Coty Airspun Loose powder in Extra Coverage Translucent if I'm baking and I use Rimmel Stay Matte to dust across my face to keep everything in place.

To Bronze I use the Wet n' Wild Mega Glow Contouring Duo. The bronzer is super warm toned, which is perfect for warming up my skin. For my contour I use the E.L.F Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder. I never use the blush as it doesn't have much pigment however I enjoy using the bronzer. It has some shimmer however it does not show on the skin.

For highlighter and I use either the Sleek Cleopatra's kiss highlighter palette or Maybelline Master Chrome in Molten Gold. Highlight is my absolute favourite part of my routine and I'm absolutely addicted to the glowy life. I highlight my cheek bones and nose.

My favourite mascara is the Maybelline Lash Sensational. It creates some volume and makes my lashes dark. The only other thing I wish it did was add length but no mascara I've ever tried has been able to do that quite yet. I hear the new L'Oréal one is good, so I may give that a go.

My favourite lip product currently is NYX lip lingerie in Ruffle trim. It's the perfect coral nude for my skin tone and has an amazing formula. It doesn't make my lips feel dry and doesn't transfer at all. I'm running out now and definitely need to pick up a new one.

So that is my makeup routine. I hope you were enlightened. It really isn't anything special.

Thanks for reading,
Have a great day x



7 comments

  1. The Cleopatra's Kiss palette has quickly become one of my favourites! I really want to try something from Wet n Wild, I've heard amazing things about their stuff x Nikita

    BLOG//Jasmine Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is pretty good! The powder side is quite a dry formula so it can look a bit powdery if you’ re not careful. The bronzer side is so good though. And Cleopatra’s kiss is definitely a favourite of mine x

      Delete
  2. I love that Sleek highlighting palette. I've been using it quite a lot recently. x

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're wearable but can be so intense! I love them <3

      Delete
  3. The Sleek highlighter palettes are amazing!!xx

    Lauren / itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate the work you have done, you explained everything in such an amazing and simple way. Thanks for sharing this useful blog.
    Nice Barrier

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)