chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

Day 21: 17 Goals for 2017

What a year it has been. So much has happened during 2016 and it has flown by so quickly. Now 2017 is just around the corner. A new year means new opportunities, new memories and new goals. I hate calling them resolutions. This isn't going to be like those stereotypical "resolutions" that we create and fail within the first 5 days of the new year. These are goals that I'm hoping to achieve in 2017 and on going goals throughout the rest of my life.

1. Be optimistic

During 2016 I have really learnt to be more positive. A positive mind equals a positive life. I have started to be more optimistic about everything that I do. I feel as though 2016 has been the warm up and 2017 is going to be the real deal. I want to become more of an optimistic and positive, spirited person.

2. Eat more Clean

Every year I say to myself that I'm going to eat healthier and it doesn't seem to go as plan. For 2017 I want to seriously eat cleaner. I'm not planning on completely changing my diet but I do want to add new things and also make some cuts too. I'm not one to wait to start my goals as soon as it strikes 12 on January 1st. If I have a goal I really want to achieve, I start as soon as I can. I have already cut out a lot of sugar in my diet and I am hoping 2017 will be my year to finally make some changes to my eating habits.

3. Start a skin care routine that works for me

As I have grown up, my skin has been getting worse and worse. It is most likely down to hormones but it has been bothering me all year. I have tried so many different products this year but I haven't found a full skin care routine that works for me. I want to create a regime that makes improvements to how my skin looks and feels.

4. Overthink less

Yup, I'm an over-thinker. Guilty. I can't help it! The smallest things can get me stuck in a hole of deep thoughts and I tend to stress about things that aren't worth the aggravation. I guess this sort of ties into the first goal about being optimistic.

5. BE MORE ORGANISED

I literally capitalised this one just to show how important it is. I am the worst at being organised. I used to be so on top of things but now...not so much. I used to write lists and made sure things got done, I would sort things out prior to events etc. I want to go back to being that organised person. Making sure everything is prepared beforehand, remembering not to leave things around. Basically just put my life in order.

6. Be a Friend to Everyone

I would definitely say I have a kind heart. I try my best to be a friendly person and to always be compassionate but I do think there is always room for improvement. I want to be friendly to everyone I come across. I have definitely learnt a lot about people this year and it has encouraged me to be nice to everyone, regardless of how they come across.

7. Gossip Less

So this one isn't as it seems. I didn't know how else to word it. I am not that person who spreads gossip to other people or gets involved in drama, however I have to admit that I do tend to listen to it. Whenever something goes on, I don't mind hearing about it, even if I know I'm not going to do much with that information. I don't want to be that person anymore. I know for a fact that I don't want people knowing about my business so I shouldn't want to hear about others. I want to get to a stage where I can walk away whenever I hear gossip and not care at all about anybody else's business.

8. Say Yes to more Opportunities

This year has been the best year for me in  terms of opportunities. I have been given so many opportunities that I have said yes to but that I have also said no to. A lot of those things I still regret rejecting and wish I had grabbed with both hands. I want to do as much as possible in 2017. I want to take a chance and say yes to as many things as I can.

9. GET A JOB

I have been trying to get a job since I was 15 years old and I just haven't. I have applied to a million and one places, went to interviews, updated my CV a thousand times and nothing. According to my mum it's because I'm not very proactive. Companies like eager and proactive people so I should definitely work on that. I desperately need a job so this has got to be one of my top three goals.

10. Work Hard(er)

I have always had a good work ethic. I'm a fairly motivated person and I have so many aspirations for the future. I have never worked harder than I did in year 11. But that is the problem. I feel like I worked harder in year 11 than I have whilst doing A-levels. In year 11 I did so much extra work, revised almost everyday and constantly had my head screwed on but I don't seem to have that same work ethic in sixth form. I of course do all the work and do them to the best of my ability but I don't do extra work or revise unless I have a mock. I want to work just as hard, in fact harder than I did when doing my GCSE exams because A-levels are tough and if I practice being really independent now, it won't be such a shock when I'm all alone at uni.

11. Start a Journal

When I was younger I had so many diaries. I had a diary about my days, a diary about my problems and a diary about all the crushes I had back in primary school (It's hilarious). I look back at them all the time and they make me smile and laugh. I have even read them with my friends and they've had a good giggle. I want to start a journal again because even though I now have a blog, there are still obviously things I want to write about and not share with people. I love the idea of having something to go to when I want to express my feelings when I don't want to talk and something I can look back at in years from now.

12. Join a dance studio

Since I have left high school, I haven't had any where or time to go for dancing. I miss dancing so much and I really don't want to give it up. I want to find a studio that I can go to, which won't hurt my schedule and that I'll enjoy attending.

13. Have an aesthetically pleasing Instagram

I love accounts that look good. I always envy the commitment that people have when it comes to sticking with a theme. I've noticed that less people are sticking with a theme and caring about their Instagram now but I have always wanted to have a nice looking feed. I just think it would be cool to have an Instagram that co-ordinates well.

14. Be more Fashionable

I am so interested in fashion but I don't try hard enough. I have always liked fashion but I'm also pretty lazy. I tend to just pick whatever because I'm too lazy to co-ordinate outfits and actually think about how pieces look together. Since starting sixth form I have proved that I can be fashionable, as we have business wear, but I'm still not there yet. I don't want to be just fashionable at parties and sixth form but all the time.

15. Travel to new places

Fortunately I have had the chance to travel to several new places this year and I absolutely love it. I'm very interested in learning about different cultures, seeing the world and trying new things. Travelling is such an amazing way to learn about life, find yourself and make new memories. I want to visit as many new places as I can! Whether it be in my country or across the globe. I'm going on holiday in February and I'm super excited.

16. Meet new people

I have met some of the most incredible human beings this year. I am so grateful to have met so many new people and made so many great friendships. Meeting new people has been the main reason for 2016 being such a good year for me. I feel that 2017 is going to be a year that I meet people that will mean so much to me and I can't wait!

17. I want to change a life

So many people have changed my life this year for the better. I want to do the same. I want to make someones life better and make them happy. I want to bring more smiles to the world and just hold a place in someone's heart.

I am so grateful for all of you. This blog has changed my life in so many ways and I'm so thankful for the support that everyone has given me.

I hope you enjoyed. Let me know in the comments some of your goals or if you have a blog/YouTube, leave your links and I'll check them out because I would love to hear your goals for the new year.

Thanks for reading,

Have a great day x

No comments

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)