chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

DIY Summer Money Stash Jar

Summer is fast approaching for me and I'm crazy excited! Exam season is flying by and I'm done for summer in a week and a half! I have so many plans which you'll all be able to know about as I am blogging everyday for 12 weeks! Now having all these plans is great but there is one thing that we all need to fulfil pretty much 90% of them. MONEY. Unfortunately, money determines how good of a summer you'll have because let's face it, nothing comes free.

I decided to do a super quick DIY project which will allow you to save up just for your summer break. Whether it be to buy tickets for a theme park or for ice-cream, your summer stash will give you the opportunity to do as you wish.

Resources needed:

  • Scissors
  • A glass jar
  • Paint brushes/sponges (optional)
  • Permeant Marker
  • A ruler
  • Glue (I used a hot glue gun but you can use any glue of your choice)
  • Paint (optional)
  • Craft/scrapbook paper
  • Other crafty bits you may want to decorate




I got most of my things from Wilko and Poundland. You don't even need to buy the Jar, you can thoroughly clean out a pasta sauce jar or anything already in your house.

Step 1:

Choose the materials you want to use, such as paper.



Step 2:

Measure your paper against the jar and cut according to the best size. You can use a ruler to get a crisp edge or go free hand.



Step 3:

Glue the paper around the jar.



Step 4:

Use either paper or some sort of card for the writing. I used a craft tag I got in a pack in Poundland.



Step 5:

Write what ever you wish. I wrote summer with a black Sharpie and gold letter stickers for the word stash.


Step 6:

Add any other decorative bits you'd like.

Step 7:

SAVE SAVE SAVE




See, quick and easy! Now anytime you get loose change or money, just put it In the jar and watch it all add up!

Thanks for reading and thank you for being patient with me as I do my exams! Don't forget to follow me on \Twitter and Instagram. I made an Instagram just for my blog and I'm trying to reach 100 followers on there, so make sure to follow!

Insta: @chellebellexox
Twitter;: @chellebellexo

No comments

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)